With the emergence of TV boxes, we can feel the changes they have brought to our lives.
1. In the past we used non-smart TV sets, with the advancement of technology, these old TV sets have fewer and fewer functions.
However, TV boxes can extend the functions of TVs, extending the service life of non-smart TVs through TV boxes, which is equivalent to using TVs as a screen, allowing consumers to continue watching TV/Internet programs.
2. TV boxes are relying on the Internet, can provide massive software. Let customers have more choices.
3. Some customers do not like the system of some smart TVs such as some people are not used to the system of Samsung smart TVs, they are not used to operating, downloading, and using. Now they just need to buy a TV box.
4. The TV box supports advanced video playback requirements such as high-definition playback. The Android box can be upgraded quickly and is easier to replace than the TV. If the TV can meet these needs, it will require a higher price. But generally, Android boxes around $100 can easily meet these requirements.
Most TV boxes are Android systems, so today we mainly analyze how to choose Android TV boxes.
OS: Android system from Android 7.1 to Android 9.0 and 2021 lastest Android 11.0. Of course, Android 11.0 is better than Android 7.1.
Chipset: Different factory’s chips are different, also chips produced by the same manufacturer will also be updated. Most android tv boxes chips from three manufacturers:
The latest chips are definitely more powerful than those produced in previous years.
The number of cores running on the chips: Dual Core， Quad-Core， Hexa-core， Octa-core.
In conclusion, the more cores a chip runs, the better the chip’s speed and functionality.
RAM： Random Access Memory. Generally divided into these: 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB
ROM： Read-Only Memory. Generally divided into these: 8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB
The larger the RAM, the more memory the box will run, and the faster the box will run.
The bigger the ROM, the more memory in the box and the more software that can be downloaded.
WiFi： It is divided into dual-band WIFI (2.4G/5G) and single-band WIFI (2.4G).
2.4G refers to 4G network, and 5G refers to 5G network.
Dual-band WIFI stands for box and supports 2.4G and 5G, while single-band WIFI only supports 4G network.
So the dual-band WIFI box is definitely better than the single-band WIFI box.
LAN: The network supported by the box, is divided into 10M/100M/1000M.
If your home WIFI is a 100M network, the box you purchased cannot support 1000M, although the box can be used if you connected the Internet, it cannot play the 1000M network speed.
If your home WIFI is a 1000M network, the box you purchased only supports 100M, even if the box is connected to WIFI, it can only play a 100M network speed.
Therefore, it is recommended that you buy a box that matches your own network.
Of course, if your home WiFi is 100M, you can also buy a box that supports 1000M. After all, you may be placed 1000M network in the future.
HD: The Image resolution is supported by the box. 2K/4K/6K/8K.
8K is definitely the best and highest definition.
USB：Divided into USB2.0 and USB3.0
1. The transfer rate of USB 3.0 is ten times than the USB 2.0. The rate of USB 2.0 is 480 Mbps, while the rate of USB 3.0 can reach 4.8 Gbps
2. Compared to USB 2.0, USB 3.0 will be more energy efficient
3.USB 3.0 supports USB 2.0 devices, USB 2.0 can’t use USB3.0 devices.
We have selected several representative Android boxes:
- X96 mini is very hot in 2019, and many customers still buy from now. Android 9.0 version can match almost all apps on the app store, 2.4G/5G dual-band WIFI supports both 4G and 5G networks. The only fly in the ointment is that the memory is small, only 1G/8G and 2G/16G. After using it for a long time, it may run out of memory.
- X96 X6 is the newest Android box this year. Its biggest highlight is its unique aluminum alloy shell, which has better heat dissipation. Memory support: 4G/32G, 8G/64G, 8G/128G. The large memory allows you to use the app without stress.
- X96 X4 is very popular in 2021, many customers have bought this box. Because it has a unique backlight. It looks more cool and good-looking in a dark environment.
X88 pro 20:
- X88 pro 20 is also a very hot box this year, supporting 1000M network, 8K decoding, and higher-definition video. The biggest highlight is that it comes standard with a Bluetooth remote control, and other boxes are ordinary remote controls. This one is equipped with a Bluetooth remote control, which feels more comfortable and has simple buttons.
Each box has its advantages and disadvantages, I hope this article can help you.
If you have any other ideas, please leave messages to me or contact me: