I was recently approached by a customer who had never used a TV box before and wanted to know how to connect a TV box to a TV. The process is actually very simple, and many people are worried about buying a TV box that successfully connects to their TV, so today this post will detail how to successfully connect a TV box to your TV!
1. Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the Android TV box. You’ll find this port on the back of the Android TV box.
2. Connect the other end to an open HDMI port on your TV. You’ll find the HDMI ports on the back of your TV or running along the side. Android TV requires an HDMI port and an HDTV.
If your old TV doesn’t use HDMI, you can purchase an adapter.
3. Connect the Android TV box’s power cable. It will turn on automatically.
4. Turn on your TV. Press the power button on your TV’s remote or the panel on your TV.
5. Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your remote. The labeling will vary depending on your TV.
6. Select the input for your Android TV box. You can cycle through the inputs until you see the Welcome screen, or look at the label for the HDMI port you used and jump straight to it.
7. Pair your remote (if prompted). If you see the remote pairing screen instead of the Welcome screen, you’ll need to manually pair the remote:
Press and hold the Back and Home buttons on the remote for five seconds.